How to create “custom” sconces
will update this post with photos as soon as I get them but I wanted to get this hack in writing for the mean time!
I wanted to hang sconces in Charlie’s room but I didn’t want to damage the wall paper or wall. It’s also a kids room so I didn’t necessarily want to spend a ton of money on these lights as they were a last minute add on to our project.
1) I purchased two of THESE light fixtures from amazon. (I ended up spraying them to match my son’s wall paper) Each light fixture was $40. Total $80
2) I purchased THIS “light bulb adapter” which is really a plastic pipe adapter thingy. It mimics the end of a light bulb and screws right into the light fixture. Total .52 cents
3) I purchased THESE remote operated puck lights. $17 (I purchased brilliant but I would go warmer next time)
ALL YOU DO IS:
1) Take some Gorilla Glue and glue the plastic pipe adapter to the center of the puck light
2) Hold down for a few seconds and let sit
3) Screw in puck light to the light fixture
4) Attach light fixture to the wall – no electrical needed!